Brand Graphic Designer, Midweight
Founded in May 2015, Papier is a fast-growing, London-based start-up, which has raised ~£7million since launch and is changing the face of online personalisation. Papier offers a sophisticated user experience and delivers beautifully designed products, on-demand and all over the world, from personalised greeting cards to wedding invitations and stationery.
We are looking for a strong team player to join us on our journey in establishing Papier as the leading online brand in personalised printing.
Under the direction of the Brand Art Director, the Graphic Designer will support the business in elevating the voice of our brand through exciting projects across digital and print design. Working on briefs from creative concept through to artwork, the ideal candidate should have a passion for design, a love of stationery, and a portfolio that demonstrates strong creative thinking. As well as being a talented designer we’re looking for someone who wants to get stuck in and grow within our dedicated team.
- Designing a wide range of visual content – across both print and digital– working with the marketing, PR and tech teams
- Repurposing assets for use across different platform, including paid social ads
- Skilled at retouching images as well as comping in products
- Concepting and art directing of projects
- Delivering quality design work in a fast-paced environment and taking an active role in ensuring upcoming deadlines are met
- Maintaining an awareness of emerging trends and new ideas, and translating these into communication and design.
- Working alongside other team members and departments in a collaborative manner to assist in the voice of the brand being effectively communicated.
- As part of the creative team, contribute to conceptual exploration including mood boards and sketches prior to upcoming projects. Designing a broad range of design assets, seeing a project through from concept to a final piece
- 3- 4 years Graphic Design experience
- Ability to follow and build upon our brand style
- Proven track record of producing strong design work for brands either in house or agency, with a strong portfolio to support
- Digital and print experience.
- Good knowledge of paper stock, print techniques and print production
- Attention to detail with excellent typography & layout skills
- Good understanding of preparing artwork for print and web
- Excellent Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign skills
- Detail orientated, organised & able to multi-task with good time management skills
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work as part of a team as well as individually
- Flexibility and willingness to react quickly to changing demands of the business
- Illustration skills a plus
- Qualified at undergraduate level or above
- Competitive salary
- Central London office location
- £40 per month cultural allowance (to spend on museum, theatre, gig tickets and more!)
- Fully stocked fridge
- Regular team lunches, events and cultural trips
- Friendly and fantastic team!