Founded in May 2015, Papier is a fast-growing, London-based start-up, which has raised ~£10million since launch and is changing the face of online personalisation. Papier offers a sophisticated user experience and delivers beautifully designed products, on-demand and all over the world, from personalised greeting cards to wedding invitations and stationery.
Papier is looking to grow its team with the addition of a user experience designer. This role will be embedded in the close-knit, agile, digital product team and report directly to the Digital Product Director. The position offers the chance to contribute to and improve upon Papier's industry-leading design. You will be working on a variety of projects, from refining the e-commerce user journey to tackling complex mobile web interaction challenges.
You should include a portfolio of past work that demonstrates your keen eye for design and great user experience. We will be looking for evidence of the thinking behind your design process, from clearly communicating the problems you have identified through to the final solutions you have produced.
- Ideation and early stage design: Produce wireframes, low fidelity designs and prototypes to bring concepts to life
- Finalisation and developer hand-off: Produce polished high-fidelity mockups across mobile and desktop, ready to be built and tested
- Manage the Papier design system through Sketch Libraries and the Zeplin Component system to ensure design consistency
- Contribute to a culture of design best practices, from typographic details to accessibility and ethical design standards.
- Support other teams within the business by providing design support
- Proactively identify design and user experience weaknesses across the website, and work independently to suggest improvements, working within the Papier style guide.
- 2-3 years designing and delivering digital outstanding products and experiences
- Experience designing for e-commerce preferred
- Confidence using Sketch, Photoshop, and a prototyping tool of your choice (InVision, Figma, Framer, etc.).
- Great communication skills for working with various teams within the company and, most of all, with your engineer partners within the tech team.
- Familiarity with front-end web technologies (don’t worry, this role doesn’t involve writing any code!)
- Interaction animation prototyping with After Effects, Lottie, etc. is a big bonus, not essential.
- Competitive salary
- Central London office location
- £40 per month cultural allowance (to spend on museum, theatre, gig tickets and more!)
- Fully stocked fridge
- Regular team lunches, events and cultural trips
- Friendly and fantastic team!