Junior Stationery Designer
Founded in May 2015, Papier is a fast-growing, London-based start-up, which has raised ~£7million since launch and is changing the face of online personalisation. Papier offers a sophisticated user experience and delivers beautifully designed products, on-demand and all over the world, from personalised greeting cards to wedding invitations and stationery.
We are looking for a strong team player to join us on our journey in establishing Papier as the leading online brand in personalised printing.
Under the direction of the Stationery Design Manager, the Junior Stationery Designer will support the business in radically growing our portfolio across a variety of products including greeting cards, invitations and personalised stationery. Contributing to creative concepts and working on set projects, the ideal candidate should have a passion for design with a portfolio that demonstrates strong creative thinking.
- Delivering quality design work in a fast-paced environment and taking an active role in ensuring upcoming deadlines are met
- Maintaining an awareness of emerging trends and new ideas, and reflecting this in your designs
- Working alongside other designers and departments to assist in the development of new designs, and effectively communicating with the team throughout this process
- As part of the creative team, contribute to conceptual exploration including mood boards and sketches prior to the design of a collection. Designing a broad range of personalised products within a collection
- Working on set projects and tasks as given by the Stationery Design Manager. Throughout this process efficiently manage and plan your time, and share designs as they are developed
- Design School Graduate or 1-2 years Graphic Design experience
- A strong interest in print & stationery design with a knowledge of paper stock, print techniques and print production
- Ability to successfully adapt design styles to suit a variety of projects and physical products
- Attention to detail with strong typography & layout skills
- An understanding of preparing artwork for print and web
- Good Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign skills, with an eagerness to learn and develop this
- Detail orientated & organised with good time management skills
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work as part of a team as well as individually
- Flexibility and willingness to react quickly to changing demands of the business
- Proven track record of illustration skills or producing design-led stationery products, with a strong portfolio to support are a plus
- Competitive salary
- Central London office location
- £40 per month cultural allowance (to spend on museum, theatre, gig tickets and more!)
- Fully stocked fridge
- Regular team lunches, events and cultural trips
- Friendly and fantastic team!