Midweight Stationery Designer
Founded in May 2015, Papier is a fast-growing, London-based start-up, which has raised ~£7million since launch and is changing the face of online personalisation. Papier offers a sophisticated user experience and delivers beautifully designed products, on-demand and all over the world, from personalised greeting cards to wedding invitations and stationery.
We are looking for a strong team player to join us on our journey in establishing Papier as the leading online brand in personalised printing.
Under the direction of the Stationery Design Manager, the Middleweight Stationery Designer will support the business in radically growing our product portfolio across greeting cards, invitations and personalised stationery. Working on projects from creative concept through to artwork, the ideal candidate should have a passion for design with a portfolio that demonstrates strong creative thinking.
- Delivering quality design work in a fast-paced environment and taking an active role in ensuring upcoming deadlines are met
- Maintaining an awareness of emerging trends and new ideas, and translating these into designs and collections
- Working alongside other designers and departments to assist in the development of new designs, and effectively communicating with the team throughout this process
- As part of the creative team, contribute to conceptual exploration including mood boards and sketches prior to the design of a collection. Designing a broad range of stationery products, seeing a project through from concept to a final piece
- Manage areas of projects with the assistance of the Stationery Design Manager. Throughout this process efficiently manage and plan your time, and share designs as they are developed towards a final concept
- 3-5 years Graphic Design experience
- Proven track record of producing design-led stationery products, with a strong portfolio to support
- A strong interest in print & stationery design with good knowledge of paper stock, print techniques and print production
- Ability to successfully adapt design styles to suit a variety of projects and physical products
- Attention to detail with excellent typography & layout skills
- Good understanding of preparing artwork for print and web
- Excellent Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign skills
- Detail orientated, organised & able to multi-task with good time management skills
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work as part of a team as well as individually
- Flexibility and willingness to react quickly to changing demands of the business
- Illustration skills a plus
- Qualified at undergraduate level or above
- Competitive salary
- Central London office location
- £40 per month cultural allowance (to spend on museum, theatre, gig tickets and more!)
- Fully stocked fridge
- Regular team lunches, events and cultural trips
- Friendly and fantastic team!