Founded in May 2015, Papier is a fast-growing, London-based start-up, which has raised ~£7million since launch and is changing the face of online personalisation. Papier offers a sophisticated user experience and delivers beautifully designed products, on-demand and all over the world, from personalised greeting cards to wedding invitations and stationery.
Papier is looking to grow its SEO team with an experienced, technically-focussed SEO Executive. This role will support the SEO & Web Manager to grow our visibility within organic search in the UK and international markets (USA, Australia, France, Germany and more).
Experience in technical and international SEO is required, preferably within an ecommerce environment. Being comfortable with working closely with Performance Marketing (PPC/Paid Social) will be beneficial.
Based within a fast-growth startup environment, the role will require working closely with our in-house team of developers, marketers and creatives. The successful candidate will need to be a strong communicator, proactive, and possess a drive to make things happen.
- Work with the SEO & Web Manager to run the day-to-day optimisation of the website
- Regular technical crawls and audits, highlighting issues affecting indexing, page load speeds or organic rankings
- Champion a Mobile-First approach to SEO
- Prioritise and push-through technical improvements with the developers
- Conduct regular keyword research and competitor analysis
- On-page optimisation, including keyword targeting, internal linking, schema, site structure changes
- Keep up-to-date with industry developments, and highlight any new opportunities
- Support the SEO Content & Outreach Specialist in identifying content and link building opportunities
- Coordinate with the Performance Marketing team to ensure strategy and reporting is aligned
- Report on Organic Search performance on a weekly and monthly basis to the business
- Form and maintain relationships across the business to promote an integrated approach
- 2 years experience in SEO (preferably ecommerce), either in-house or agency
- Good working knowledge of technical/on-page SEO, and ability to produce an in-depth audit (page speed, canonicals, redirections, site architecture, hreflang, sitemaps etc.)
- Experience in using SEO research and analytics tools, such as Screaming Frog/Deepcrawl, Ahrefs/Majestic, Google Analytics, Search Console, SEMrush
- A demonstrable passion for SEO
- Be able to work independently and take the lead on projects
- Be analytical, have a keen interest in problem-solving and a desire to learn new things
- Entrepreneurial mindset, strong organisation and communication skills
- French or German language skills are also desirable
- Affinity for the brand & an appreciation for great design & quality
- Competitive salary
- Central London office location
- £40 per month cultural allowance (to spend on museum, theatre, gig tickets and more!)
- Fully stocked fridge
- Regular team lunches, events and cultural trips
- Friendly and fantastic team!