Founded in May 2015, Papier is a fast-growing, London-based start-up, which has raised ~£7million since launch and is changing the face of online personalisation. Papier offers a sophisticated user experience and delivers beautifully designed products, on-demand and all over the world, from personalised greeting cards to wedding invitations and stationery.
Papier is looking to grow its SEO team with an experienced SEO Executive. This role will support the SEO & Web Manager in day-to-day optimisation of the Papier websites from a technical, on-page and content perspective, in order to grow our visibility within organic search in the UK and key international markets (USA, Australia, France, Germany and more). Candidates are required to have a balanced, all-round set of skills in SEO. Experience in (or a good working knowledge of) technical and international SEO is required, preferably within an E-commerce environment. Ability to support the SEO Content & Outreach Specialist with content recommendations and link building will also be beneficial.
Based within a high-growth start up environment, the role will require working closely with our in-house team of developers, marketers and creatives. The successful candidate will need to be highly organised, a strong communicator, proactive, and possess an entrepreneurial spirit and drive to make things happen.
- Work with the SEO & Web Manager to run the day-to-day optimisation of the website, and take responsibility for SEO projects
- Broaden the amount of relevant search terms the website ranks for by identifying content & on-page opportunities
- Support the International SEO strategy, ensuring that international stores are indexable and gain organic search visibility
- Conduct regular technical crawls and audits to highlight any issues that could affect indexing of the website, page load speeds or organic rankings
- Champion a Mobile-First approach to SEO, and promote this throughout the business
- Work closely with the in-house developers to prioritise and push-through technical improvements and new features
- Conduct regular keyword research and competitor analysis
- On-page optimisation of content and E-commerce pages, including keyword targeting, internal linking, schema, and site structure changes
- Keep up-to-date with industry developments, and highlight any new opportunities
- Support the SEO Content & Outreach Specialist in identifying content and link building opportunities
- Coordinate with the Performance Marketing team to ensure strategy and reporting is aligned
- Report on Organic Search performance on a weekly and monthly basis to the business
- Form and maintain relationships across the business to promote an integrated approach - align with the wider Marketing agenda, and regularly liaise with Social, PR, Merchandising, Creative and Content
- 2 years experience in SEO (preferably ecommerce), either in-house or agency
- Good working knowledge of technical/on-page SEO, and ability to produce an in-depth audit (page speed, canonicals, redirections, site architecture, hreflang, sitemaps etc.)
- Experience in using SEO research and analytics tools, such as Screaming Frog/Deepcrawl, Ahrefs/Majestic, Google Analytics, Search Console, SEMrush
- A demonstrable passion for SEO
- Be able to work independently and take the lead on projects
- Be analytical, have a keen interest in problem-solving and a desire to learn new things
- Entrepreneurial mindset, strong organisation and communication skills
- French or German language skills are also desirable
- Affinity for the brand & an appreciation for great design & quality
- Competitive salary
- Central London office location
- £40 per month cultural allowance (to spend on museum, theatre, gig tickets and more!)
- Fully stocked fridge
- Regular team lunches, events and cultural trips
- Friendly and fantastic team!