Buying and Merchandising Manager
Founded in May 2015, Papier is a fast-growing, London based start-up, which has raised ~£7 million since launch and is changing the face of online personalisation. Papier offers a sophisticated user experience and delivers beautifully designed products, on-demand and all over the world, from personalised greeting cards to wedding invitations and stationery.
Papier is looking to expand out its Commercial team with a number of Buying and Merchandising Managers, reporting into the Commercial Manager. The Buying and Merchandising Managers will build and manage a subset of Papier categories and products (e.g. Wedding, Stationery, Baby), ensuring that specific ranges are coherent, on-brand and commercially successful.
- Work with the Commercial Manager to build and deliver the product strategy, including identifying what categories and products Papier should be in, the breadth and depth of the ranges and how to be successful
- Support in defining product propositions by developing creative, customer-focused ideas and collaborating with other Papier teams, including Marketing, Operations and Creative
- Work with existing suppliers and source new ones to develop new products and improve our existing range
- Work with Creative and Marketing to identify design and product trends which are specific to each of our international stores, which will help to inform our range plans
- Work with Operations to get products to market in the right quantity at the right time, location, cost and sales price to ensure it is commercially successful
- Manage the products over their life-cycle by analysing and responding to performance in order to plan future development
- Experience in a role which combines commercial decision making and an eye for design and creative trends
- Comfortable with handling data to generate insight and make astute commercial decisions and have the ability to understand the commercial implications of product and range recommendations
- Relevant experience could include buyer / merchandiser role at a creative retail brand
- Creative, design and trend focused mind-set able to anticipate the products and designs that will delight our customers
- Experience finding and working with suppliers to develop products and negotiate commercial agreements
- Track record showing the outstanding project management, collaboration and organisational skills required to deliver multiple projects across different timelines and geographies
- Motivation to work in a fast-moving entrepreneurial environment
- Competitive salary
- Fitzrovia office location
- £40 per month cultural allowance
- Fully stocked fridge and weekly team lunch on Fridays
- Regular team events and cultural trips
- Friendly and fantastic team!